While documented allergy to titanium is very rare, it does exist. For patients with a titanium allergy or sensitivity, or those simply wanting to avoid metal in their body, zirconia implants provide a proven alternative.
Some benefits of zirconia implants include:
- Biocompatibility - Zirconia offers a superior biocompatibility when compared with metallic implants.
- Natural look- Zirconia is a bright white tooth-colored material that eliminates the possibility of seeing darkness or a gray tint to the gums that sometimes occurs with titanium implants.
- Strength - Zirconia is an incredibly strong material that provides an ideal alternative to titanium.
- To lean more about the Zeramex zirconia implant system used by Nashville Restorative Dentistry, click here.
- See before and after images of some of our zirconia implant cases.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a serious sleep breathing disorder that deprives your body of oxygen, destroys sleep quality, and increases your risk of heart attack and stroke. OSA not only places your body under constant stress at night, but prevents you from enjoying your day-to-day life.